[bitcoin-dev] Safer sighashes and more granular SIGHASH_NOINPUT

Bob McElrath bob at mcelrath.org
Wed Nov 28 14:04:13 UTC 2018

We are also prototyping the OP_CHECKSIGFROMSTACK mechanism using Liquid/Elements.

Given uncertainty about which features will actually be deployed on mainnet,
we're exploring all possibilities so as to provide feedback about the "best" way
to implement a covenant/vault, also including the OP_CHECKOUTPUTVERIFY
originally proposed by Eyal et al. That's 3 ways to implement a covenant/vault,
if there's others I'd be happy to hear about it.  ;-)  Thanks for the
OP_PUSHTXDATA ref, I'm reading now...  Personally I think the
OP_CHECKSIGFROMSTACK is probably the most elegant mechanism.

Thanks for the feedback!