[bitcoin-dev] BIP for segwit compatibility URIs

Clark Moody clark at clarkmoody.com
Thu Oct 18 22:27:41 UTC 2018

I agree with spelling out the `address` field.

As for "value is either an address or an array of addresses", there is no
standard for specifying an array in a URI, and processing different
querystring schemes is application-specific. (see
https://stackoverflow.com/a/9547490)

Since those app-specific methods don't necessarily preserve order, which is
important here, the most compatible fallback is a delimiter-separated list
under one parameter. Most languages have library functions for splitting
strings on commas.

-Clark

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 5:13 PM vv01f via bitcoin-dev <