[bitcoin-dev] Transaction Input/Output Sorting

rhavar at protonmail.com rhavar at protonmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:52:38 UTC 2018

That's pretty easy to quantify. I wrote a quick script to grab the last few blocks, and then shuffle the inputs/outputs before testing if each transaction is bip69 or not.

The result was 42% of all transactions would accidentally be bip69 when randomized.

So clearly randomization is a lot more popular than bip69 at the moment, but I'm not sure that it matters much. As soon as you have more than a few inputs/outputs, you can tell with a high confidence if the transaction is bip69 or not.

And of course if you're clustering a wallet, you can figure out extremely easily how that wallet behaves wrt bip6.

-Ryan