[bitcoin-dev] New BIP for Scaling Proposal

Karl Kreder karl at gridplus.io
Wed Oct 31 23:08:17 UTC 2018

All,

I would like to propose a new BIP to bitcoin called BlockReduce.
BlockReduce presents a new blockchain topology that offers 3+ orders of
magnitude improvement in transaction throughput while avoiding the
introduction of hierarchical power structures and centralization. This is
accomplished through a modification to the block reward incentive to not
only reward work, but to also reward optimization of network constraints
and efficient propagation of transactions. This is accomplished by creating
a Proof-of-Work (PoW) managed hierarchy of tightly-coupled, merge-mined
blockchains.

BlockReduce is actually highly compatible with the Bitcoin codebase in that
in only requires a sharding of state and the introduction of a 268 byte
header that allows for 3 levels of merge-mining.  Please checkout a paper
outlining BlockReduce here:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gridplus/BlockReduce+(9).pdf

Please let me know if you have any comments or questions.  Also, if you
could tell me the process for getting a BIP listed on Github I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Karl Kreder
CSO, VP of Hardware Engineering