[bitcoin-dev] Schnorr signatures BIP

Erik Aronesty erik at q32.com
Tue Sep 11 18:30:13 UTC 2018

>  That approach has its uses but I think that in any case where
delinearization can be used it's a better option.

I agree, communication efficiency is a concern for some applications, and I
can think of cases where delinearization is the better option as well.

For users that want an "M of N" scheme that

a) doesn't cost more to send funds
b) allows them to lose a device and keep their coins
c) allows them to establish and validate the scheme safely

...  a simple, "verified signer" threshold scheme is probably the best
solution.