[bitcoin-dev] assumeutxo and UTXO snapshots

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Wed Apr 3 09:55:26 UTC 2019

This would lead to users trusting third parties (like developers) way too
much.

Furthermore, removing the ability for users to easily set it removes the one
reasonable use case: where the user has already verified the state at some
point previously, and saved the hash (ie, as backup of the UTXO set).

Luke