[bitcoin-dev] Smart Contracts Unchained

Ariel Lorenzo-Luaces arielluaces at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 03:37:47 UTC 2019

Hello ZmnSCPxj

I like the proposal because it generalizes escrow type mechanisms and I think it's a useful train of thought for distributed exchanges.

However, consider the situation where a group of participants are playing poker. One participant loses all their funds and decides to present to the escrow the contract+an old contract state+a signed message following the contract rules (eg. an independently signed cashing out message). How would the escrow know that the contract state is old and the operation is disallowed, without using a consensus mechanism like a blockchain?

Cheers
Ariel Lorenzo-Luaces