[bitcoin-dev] new BIP: Self balancing between excessively low/high fees and block size

Bernd Jendrissek bitcoin at bpj-code.co.za
Sun Apr 7 22:11:55 UTC 2019

On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 at 17:45, simondev1 via bitcoin-dev
> ==Implementation==
> Sort transactions by FeeInSatoshiPerByte (lowest first)
> For each transaction starting from lowest FeeInSatoshiPerByte: Sum up the bytes of space used so far. Check if summed up bytes of space used so far is smaller or equal than the formula result.
> If this is valid for each transaction then the blocksize is valid.

Doesn't this break CPFP? I think to avoid that you'll need to rework
your proposed algorithm to treat chains of transactions as a group.
(And note that you could have multiple transactions in one block that
depend on the same "parent" transaction, also in the same block.)