[bitcoin-dev] Improving Pre and Post Merging Abilities With Rewriting Core In Python

Achow101 achow101-lists at achow101.com
Tue Apr 23 15:23:27 UTC 2019

Feel free to re-implement Bitcoin Core in Python. It's open source software and you can do whatever you want.

However Bitcoin Core is not going move to Python and rewrite everything in Python. Besides the fact that Python is far less efficient than C/C++, rewriting Bitcoin Core in any other language would be a huge undertaking and introduce many bugs for almost no benefit whatsoever. Bitcoin Core won't be changing languages for the entire codebase, but you are welcome to port it to Python yourself.