[bitcoin-dev] IsStandard

Marco Falke falke.marco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:27:29 UTC 2019

There is not a single document that describes what is standard and
what is not. Transaction relay policy (including minimum relay fees)
may change over time, across different implementations or different
versions of the same implementation.

Generally you can assume that commonly used scripts that are standard
today remain standard. To test if a script is standard and accepted by
current relay policy of a Bitcoin Core node, you can create a tx that
spends from it on mainnet or on testnet and see if it is accepted to
the mempool of your local node. Make sure to disable
-acceptnonstdtxn=0 on testnet.

Should the standardness-rules of a script type ever change, it will be
announced and discussed on this mailing list.

And of course, lightning transactions are standard as they otherwise
wouldn't propagate.

Best,
Marco

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 9:06 PM Aymeric Vitte via bitcoin-dev