[bitcoin-dev] Miniscript

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:14:13 UTC 2019

Good morning David,

> Today, new Bitcoin applications such as JoinMarket, Wasabi wallet, and Arwen all
> suffer from a problem of having novel bitcoin scripts.

For CoinJoin (JoinMarket, Wasabi) at least, I believe there is no need of novel Bitcoin SCRIPTs.
Indeed, from what I can tell they use only P2WPKH `SIGHASH_ALL` signatures and P2WPKH outputs: there seems to be nothing to analyze there.

I do not believe Miniscript would benefit those in particular.
(though miniscript does have other benefits as well: in particular sufficiently-advanced miniscript compilers will be able to write shorter SCRIPTs than mere unaided humans can)

I have not investigated much of Arwen yet but it seems to me to be a sort of exchange-specific payment-channel implementation.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj