[bitcoin-dev] BIP proposal - Signatures of Messages using Bitcoin Private Keys

Christopher Gilliard christopher.gilliard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 00:29:34 UTC 2019

Trying the four possible options (p2pkh compressed, p2pkh uncompressed,
seg3, and bech32) is certainly a possibility and in fact, that's what I
ended up doing because not every wallet implements something like this, but
if there is a header field currently in use, it seemed reasonable to me to
use it specify which type of key is being used. If the header includes
whether the key is compressed or not compressed it seems logical to include
all data about what type of key it is and not just this one type of
information. That's why I thought the solution made sense and I wrote it up.