[bitcoin-dev] Safer NOINPUT with output tagging

Luke Dashjr luke at dashjr.org
Tue Feb 19 20:24:12 UTC 2019

Even besides NOINPUT, such a wallet would simply never show a second payment
to the same address (or at least never show it as confirmed, until
successfully spent).

At least if tx versions are used, it isn't possible to indicate this
requirement in current Bitcoin L1 addresses. scriptPubKey might not be
impossible to encode, but it isn't really clear what the purpose of doing so
is.

If people don't want to use NOINPUT, they should just not use it. Trying to
implement a nanny in the protocol is inappropriate and limits what developers
can do who actually want the features.

Luke