[bitcoin-dev] bustapay BIP :: a practical sender/receiver coinjoin protocol

James MacWhyte keatonatron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:42:03 UTC 2019

Why does the template transaction need to be signed in step one and passed
back and forth so many times? What is wrong with:

1. Sender creates unsigned tx with their relevant inputs and outputs. This
tx is passed to receiver.

2. Receiver adds their relevant inputs and outputs and signs their portion
before returning the tx to sender.

3. Sender confirms their inputs and outputs have not been modified, and
signs the remainder of the tx before broadcasting it (or sending it to the
recipient if you want to follow the payment protocol spec).

James