[bitcoin-dev] Add a moving checkpoint to the Bitcoin protocol

Kenshiro [] tensiam at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 14:40:50 UTC 2019

>>> How would a (potentially, state-sponsored) netsplit lasting longer than N be
handled?

It would be detected by the community much before reaching the reorg limit of N blocks (it's 24 hours) so nodes could stop until the netsplit is fixed.

In the extreme case no one notice the network split during more than N blocks (24 hours) and there are 2 permanent forks longer than N, nodes from one branch could delete their local history so they would join the other branch.

Regards,