[bitcoin-dev] OP_SECURETHEBAG (supersedes OP_CHECKOUTPUTSVERIFY)

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Wed Jun 5 09:30:39 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 10:35:45PM -0700, Jeremy via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> OP_CHECKOUTPUTSHASHVERIFY is retracted in favor of OP_SECURETHEBAG*.

I think you could generalise that slightly and make it fit in
with the existing opcode naming by calling it something like
"OP_CHECKTXDIGESTVERIFY" and pull a 33-byte value from the stack,
consisting of a sha256 hash and a sighash-byte, and adding a new sighash
value corresponding to the set of info you want to include in the hash,
which I think sounds a bit like "SIGHASH_EXACTLY_ONE_INPUT | SIGHASH_ALL"

FWIW, I'm not really seeing any reason to complicate the spec to ensure
the digest is precommitted as part of the opcode.

Cheers,
aj