[bitcoin-dev] BIP174 extension proposal (Global Type: PSBT_GLOBAL_XPUB_SIGNATURE)

Jonathan Underwood junderwood at bitcoinbank.co.jp
Thu Jun 27 09:52:28 UTC 2019

> By the way, why is this particular path ?

The signing key path used in the spec is just randomly chosen 31 x 4 bits
shown as numbers with hardened paths. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a
key that people are likely to use for something else.

> It is not clear to me what public key this refers to

I just used the same sentence from the other proposal for 0x01 global tag.
It is kind of confusing, but "can be derived" implies that it is referring
to an xpub, since normal public keys can not "derive children"...

But I could change it if it would be clearer.

--
Jonathan Underwood

暗号化したメッセージをお送りの方は下記の公開鍵をご利用下さい。

指紋: 0xCE5EA9476DE7D3E45EBC3FDAD998682F3590FEA3