[bitcoin-dev] Removal of reject network messages from Bitcoin Core (BIP61)

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 20:52:33 UTC 2019

Bitcoin-transactions did use this "feature", but does not rely on it any
longer since I observed some strange behavior sometimes (no reject
message for bad tx, with suprnova for example as far as I remember),
then it doublechecks using getdata to see if the tx is in mempool

Indeed you can't trust what a node tells you with or without reject
(idem for getdata but more difficult to fake and better than nothing)

Then I don't see any problem to remove it, taking into account also that
the error message is too vague to be really helpful
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11891

Move your coins by yourself (browser version): https://peersm.com/wallet
Bitcoin transactions made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-transactions
Zcash wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/zcash-wallets