[bitcoin-dev] OP_CODESEPARATOR Re: BIP Proposal: The Great Consensus Cleanup

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Tue Mar 12 21:08:39 UTC 2019

Note that even your carve-outs for OP_NOP is not sufficient here - if you were using nSequence to tag different pre-signed transactions into categories (roughly as you suggest people may want to do with extra sighash bits) then their transactions could very easily have become un-realistically-spendable. The whole point of soft forks is that we invalidate otherwise-unused bits of the protocol. This does not seem inconsistent with the proposal here.