[bitcoin-dev] Removal of reject network messages from Bitcoin Core (BIP61)

Gregory Maxwell greg at xiph.org
Tue Mar 12 22:14:10 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 7:45 PM Andreas Schildbach via bitcoin-dev
> These two cases are understood and handled by current code. Generally
> the idea is take reject messages serious, but don't overrate the lack
> of. Luckily, network confirmations fill the gap. (Yes, a timeout is

I'd like to better understand this, but it would be easier to just
read the code than ask a bunch of questions. I tried looking for the
handling of reject messages in Android  Bitcoin Wallet and BitcoinJ
and didn't really find and handling other than logging exceptions.
Would you mind giving me a couple pointers to where in the code
they're handled?