[bitcoin-dev] [Lightning-dev] More thoughts on NOINPUT safety

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 14 07:55:20 UTC 2019

Good morning aj,

> Trying to maximise privacy there has the disadvantage that you have to
> do a new signature for every in-flight HTLC every time you update the
> state, which could be a lot of signatures for very active channels.

If I remember accurately this is already true for current Poon-Dryja channels in BOLT 1.0, so at least it is not a degradation of performance.
It does make this modified form of Decker-Russell-Osuntokun much less attractive for use with DLC as the Fulgurite effort would like, but the Fulgurite effort already mitigates this by splitting a channel into two sub-channels (one for high-activity LN payments, one for rare-activity DLC bets) anyway.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj