[bitcoin-dev] Bech32 weakness and impact on bip-taproot addresses

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Fri Nov 8 00:41:54 UTC 2019

Given the issue is in the address format, not the consensus/standardness layer, it does seem somewhat strange to jump to addressing it with a consensus/standardness fix. Maybe the ship has sailed, but for the sake of considering all our options, we could also redefine bech32 to not allow such addresses.

Matt