[bitcoin-dev] Dynamic MaxBlockSize - 3 Byte Solution

Alberto Aldave aaldave at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 17:04:20 UTC 2019

NACK

1.- At some point in time, fees will need to be the the main part of the reward of miners, so, I do not see any need to lower them. If we keep them forever low, the network will be less and less secure because of the halvings.
2.- I think this change involves a Hard Fork (please correct me if I am wrong). In my opinion, the risk of a HF is not worth it.
3.- And more important for me, If blocks get bigger and bigger it would hurt decentralization which is absolutely key for Bitcoin to be valuable.

Alberto

> El 8 nov 2019, a las 16:54, Joachim Strömbergson via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org> escribió:
>

> While I agree on NACKing the proposal as it does not add anything new and fundamentally misunderstands what scaling is (or is not in this case), I disagree with the claim that we do not need to deal with block size issue in the future any more. Segwit increased our possibilities on how to use the space more efficiently, but so far it did not completely. It's yet to be seen if advanced offchain constructions such as channel factories are enough. At this moment to claim that would be very bold and hardly justified.
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

>>> 2  decrease future block  (9 blocks ahead)