[bitcoin-dev] CVE-2017-18350 disclosure

Aymeric Vitte vitteaymeric at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 19:33:25 UTC 2019

???

Well, you obviously don't know what you are talking about and did not
even consider reading correctly what I wrote, neither to read node-Tor

What you are saying here is quite trivial, typical of people thinking
that the Tor network will solve everything and is not centralized (but
you seem unsure about it), that's not the case, it's completely wrong
and the "normal" use of the Tor network is for browsing only, basically
the Tor network is still the same since years: 1000 guards, 1000 relays,
1000 exits (so not "hundreds", happier, and there are of course
intersections between them, knowing that they are the supposed working
nodes as tested by node-Tor), quite small at the end with finally many
misbehaving nodes among the 3000 set, not at all able or willing to
handle bitcoin nodes load

Using bitcoin with the Tor network is absurd, using socks proxy with
bitcoin is absurd too (I don't get the comparison with a http proxy,
nothing to do),  except if limited to a local use, ie you socks proxy
inside your device, for example to pipe to node-Tor, but this remains as
a whole dangerous if the local proxy has been hacked, as we could see
recently with malware Tor sw being used by people

Using the Tor protocol for bitcoin is not absurd at all (do you
understand the difference?) + browsers, webRTC, etc I will not repeat
what I wrote

Please do some readings or consider at least what I sent, or ask
questions if what I am saying is unclear for you

But from my standpoint the discussion on this list is not about
explaining all of this that is probably well known by everybody but what
can/could be next to anonymize/help anonymizing bitcoin

 when required and make it a real p2p network

Unfortunately I am afraid that we get moderated here because that's not
the place to give basic lessons about Tor that you don't know