[bitcoin-dev] Bech32 weakness and impact on bip-taproot addresses

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Mon Nov 11 01:02:15 UTC 2019

Seems good to me, though I'm curious if we have any (even vaguely)
immediate need for non-32/20-byte Segwit outputs? It seems to me this
can be resolved by just limiting the size of bech32 outputs and calling
it a day - adding yet another address format has very significant
ecosystem costs, and if we don't anticipate needing it for 5 years (if
at all)...lets not jump to pay that cost.

Matt