[bitcoin-dev] PSBT_GLOBAL_XPUB: Version bytes in xpub

Andrew Chow achow101-lists at achow101.com
Sat Nov 16 04:54:49 UTC 2019

The rationale was that xpubs was already a predefined standard which many software already have serialization code for. It's simpler to just reuse what has been defined before.

IMO, the version bytes don't matter and should be ignored. In the proposed implementation to Bitcoin Core, the version bytes are ignored.

Andrew