[bitcoin-dev] ChainWallet - A way to prevent loss of funds by physical violence

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 10:02:59 UTC 2019

Since the user can't prove that they are using this technique, or
petertodd's timelock encryption for that matter, an attacker has little
incentive to stop physically attacking until they have a spendable UTXO.

I believe you can get the same effect with on-chain timelocks, or
delete-the-bits plus a rangeproof and a zero-knowledge proof that the
rangeproof corresponds to some secret that can be used to derive the
expected public key. I think Jeremy Rubin had an idea for such a proof.

Also, adam3us has described a similar thought here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=311000.0

- Bryan

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, 4:43 AM Saulo Fonseca via bitcoin-dev <