[bitcoin-dev] BIPable-idea: Consistent and better definition of the term 'address'

Emil Engler me at emilengler.com
Thu Oct 10 15:05:36 UTC 2019

* Sorry if this mail was sent multiple times, my E-Mail client went crazy *

Thanks for all your feedback.
I came to the decision to write a BIP for this, even if it might not be
implemented by many wallets, a standardization is never wrong and this
would be the first step in the correct direction for better on-chain
privacy.

However currently we still need a good term for the 'address' replacement.

The current suggestions are:
* Invoice ID
* Payment Token
* Bitcoin invoice (address)
* Bitcoin invoice (path)

Because of the LN term invoice I really like the term 'Bitcoin Invoice'
by Chris Belcher.

So how do find a consensus about these terms?

Greetings
Emil Engler