[bitcoin-dev] Taproot proposal

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Tue Sep 17 04:09:50 UTC 2019

Good morning Greg and John,

I am not as sanguine here; SegWit activation was already delayed relative to commonly-broadcast expectations, yet many services *still* do not support sending to SegWit v0 addresses even now.

On the other hand, the major benefit of taproot is the better privacy and homogeneity afforded by Taproot, and supporting both P2SH-wrapped and non-wrapped SegWit v1 addresses simply increases the number of places that a user may be characterized and potentially identified.

Thus while I disagree with your reasoning, I do agree with your conclusion: no P2SH-wrapped SegWit v1.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.