[bitcoin-dev] BIP 118 and SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Tue Aug 11 00:14:29 UTC 2020

I was assuming, largely, that Bitcoin Core will eventually get what you describe here (which is generally termed
"package relay", implying we relay, and process, groups of transactions as one).

What we'd need for SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT is a relay network that isn't just smart about fee calculation, but can actually
rewrite the transactions themselves before passing them on to a local bitcoind.

eg such a network would need to be able to relay
"I have transaction A, with one input, which is valid for any output-idx-0 in a transaction spending output B".
and then have the receiver go look up which transaction in its mempool/chain spends output B, then fill in the input
with that outpoint and hand the now-fully-formed transaction to their local bitcoind for processing.

Matt