[bitcoin-dev] Time to lower minrelaytxfee ?

Nadav Ivgi nadav at shesek.info
Fri Aug 21 16:36:30 UTC 2020

Having large portions of the network using a different minrelayfee could
make it easier to reliably get different parts of the network to accept
different conflicting transactions into their mempools, which could
potentially be used to double-spend unconfirmed non-rbf transactions with
more ease. Node operators that accept unconfirmed payments with a
minrelayfee that's higher than what other nodes/miners are typically
accepting would be at risk.

Relying on unconfirmed transactions is of course discouraged so I'm not
sure how much weight this should be given if at all, but I thought it was
at least worth bringing up.

Nadav

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 11:00 AM Dan Bryant via bitcoin-dev <