[bitcoin-dev] Characterizing orphan transaction in the Bitcoin network

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Mon Feb 3 03:41:21 UTC 2020

The orphan pool has nontrivial denial of service properties around transaction validation. In general, I think the goal has been to reduce/remove it, not the other way around. In any case, this is likely the wrong forum for software-level discussion of Bitcoin Core. For that, you probably want to open an issue on github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.

Matt