[bitcoin-dev] BIP 118 and SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Thu Jul 9 21:40:48 UTC 2020

Hello world,

After talking with Christina ages ago, we came to the conclusion that
it made more sense to update BIP 118 to the latest thinking than have
a new BIP number, so I've (finally) opened a (draft) PR to update BIP
118 with the ANYPREVOUT bip I've passed around to a few people,

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/943

Probably easiest to just read the new BIP text on github:

https://github.com/ajtowns/bips/blob/bip-anyprevout/bip-0118.mediawiki

It doesn't come with tested code at this point, but I figure better to
have the text available for discussion than nothing.

Some significant changes since previous discussion include complete lack
of chaperone signatures or anything like it (if you want them, you can
always add them yourself, of course), and that ANYPREVOUTANYSCRIPT no
longer commits to the value (details/rationale in the text).

Cheers,
aj