[bitcoin-dev] Implementing Investment Aggregation

esnierde hildawithin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 05:23:00 UTC 2020

Good Day ZmnSCPxj,

Thanks for sharing the idea! I read through the doc and have some concerns
that might be off the topic or outside the scope. Please bear with me.

The traditional banking system provides more than custodial holding of
funds in terms of lending & borrowing. One important function is to match
long term investments with short or variable term deposits. Alice might be
willing to make investments at time 0, but some emergency occurs and she
may need (part of) her bitcoins back at time 1 before the loan due date.

Also, in the banking system, there are usually sophisticated risk analysis
systems covering formulas, due diligence, and funds for loan defaults.
Banks can reinvest partial of what they namely have and obtain profits to
cover possible losses when borrowers cannot pay back 100%. In this way,
they are more resilient to defaults & change of collaterals' value, and
borrowers might be able to leverage 1 unit worth of collateral to get 3
units fund instead of 1.

Thank you,
Hilda

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 at 23:40, ZmnSCPxj via bitcoin-dev <