[bitcoin-dev] Hash-based accumulators with quick insertion

German Luna german at diviproject.org
Mon Jun 8 22:01:09 UTC 2020

Interesting work! I should be fortunate to make time to read it.

I will point out, in case you'd not considered it, that you can support
addition and removal indirectly by formulating it as a difference of sets.
Similar to the collision-resistant replicated data types (CRDTs) concept.
Checking for membership would simply become CheckMembershipInAdditionSet &&
!CheckMembershipInRemovalSet, assuming an item could only be added/removed
once. You could also perhaps support multiple addition/removal by attaching
a count of how many times it's been added though that might break some of
the building blocks in the paper.

--
Germán
Mathematician