[bitcoin-dev] Block solving slowdown question/poll

Dave Scotese dscotese at litmocracy.com
Mon Mar 23 18:39:05 UTC 2020

I believe this isn't something we need to address.  The fact is that every
byte stored in the blockchain is already valuable to everyone who downloads
the blockchain because of what it allows them to prove - by adding more
bytes to it.  Over time, the value per byte will increase.  Perhaps there
will be holding companies with specialized scripts that cost $500 - $1000
to add to the blockchain and allow those companies to handle transactions
for thousands of customers, kind of like a community lightning channel.

Anyway, yes, your idea is fundamentally broken because a zero block reward
happens because creating even one more satoshi will push the amount of
bitcoin over 21,000,0000, breaking the meaning of "bitcoin," or, if you
like, creating a fundamental contradiction in our use of the term.

--
I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my value. Do you need a
techie?