[bitcoin-dev] Post-mix(coinjoin) usage with multisig and cpfp in bitcoin core wallet

prayank at tutanota.de prayank at tutanota.de
Mon May 25 12:16:10 UTC 2020

Hello ZmnSCPxj,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Peer 1 doesn't need to be a trusted third party, it can be implemented in a way that some peers involved in this system can provide liquidity for others and incentives can be a small fee.

2. Yes joinmarket is awesome and its payjoin will be better to achieve the same but I was trying to contribute and add more options for people to improve privacy on Bitcoin. If we have different ways to mix it will be harder for spy companies to analyze of some of the transactions.

3. Also one such setup might not make a huge difference but a chain of such mixers will surely work better if everything done correctly.

4. Maybe multisig usage is not ideal for such things right now and I am not the best person when it comes to coding but think that better privacy for multisig will make it possible for lot of ideas to be implemented on Bitcoin using different multisig setups and combination of other things that we already have.

Prayank

May 25, 2020, 12:24 by ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com: