[bitcoin-dev] Post-mix(coinjoin) usage with multisig and cpfp in bitcoin core wallet

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed May 27 04:11:47 UTC 2020

Good morning Prayank,

> 1.  The spending tx of multisig can be decided earlier and all three can review the outputs involved in it. All 3 txs involved in the system if we consider only one mixer and not a chain will get confirmed in the same block as we are using CPFP so child pays for 2 parent txs. However, disputes are possible and to manage it we will have to make the system complex with things like Peer 1 locking some amount in a 2 of 2 multisig with Peer 2 or some other incentives structure. Initially we can try to keep it simple and a way to spend coins after coinjoin with the help of another person you trust.

The payee is not necessary here and you can remove the intermediate transactions that pay to 2-of-3s.

> 2.  Yes, you described coinjoin in joinmarket but the problem I am trying to solve is: spend coins after coinjoin because post-mix usage is as important as coinjoin. Some users dont follow the best practices after coinjoin and it makes coinjoin useless or less effective in that case and sometimes for others involved in the process as well.

I already mentioned this, but what I am describing is *how JoinMarket spends coins from its wallet*.

That means that what I am describing is *how JoinMarket performs spends after mixing, i.e. post-mix*.

I was not describing how JoinMarket performs mixing.

Is that clearer now?

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj