[bitcoin-dev] Progress on bech32 for future Segwit Versions (BIP-173)
schmidty at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 19:49:44 UTC 2020
Well I sure picked a bad couple weeks to volunteer to send a bunch of
Bitcoin test transactions...
While I tested less than I would have liked, there are some notable results:
- Green wallet segwit v1 send resulted in funds being sent to the wrong
instead of my intended destination, Pieter's r5n8 address. You can see this
with Rusty's test transaction as well:
Blockstream is aware of the issue and has fixes.
- Blockchain.com's wallet behaved similarly, sending to the same, incorrect
address. Rusty's blockchain.com transaction for reference:
I will be reaching out to Blockchain's team to let them know about this.
- Blockchain.info's explorer suffers similarly, "Unable to decode output
address" when viewing a tx with v1 output, and inability to display address
details for a v1 address
- Bitgo accepts a v1 send address, but then a “Server error” during send
- Coinbase (web) reported on final step of sending: Your send failed Please
enter a valid email or Bitcoin address
- brd sends successfully to v1
- bitrefill, casa, xapo, wasabi, all previously failed address validation,
and still fail address validation
- binance, bitmex, kraken, all previously failed address validation, but
now accept v1 addresses. I did not attempt full send with these services,
simply passing initial validations.
- While Riccardo noted that Aqua successfully sent to Pieter's address
(b48a59fa9e036e997ba733904f631b1a64f5274be646698e49fd542141ca9404) Ive been
informed Aqua has disabled send to v1 addresses for now.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bitcoin-dev