[bitcoin-dev] [Pre-BIP] Motivating Address type for OP_RETURN

Jeremy jlrubin at mit.edu
Sat Apr 24 22:29:39 UTC 2021

I guess in the interest of being clear; I don't particularly want a
OP_RETURN address either, they're just annoying to program around, and they
exist historically, as well as perhaps in the future.

Maybe people will start using the annex space to add any metadata required?
E.g. stealth addresses. I kinda hope not, but probably will be proposed as
a SF since it's much cheaper (witness + no amount) and per-input vs. per-tx.

It's interesting that they can be created with any length... i guess any
script can be an op return if you make it long enough...
--
@JeremyRubin <https://twitter.com/JeremyRubin>