[bitcoin-dev] Bip-0039/Wordlist - Romanian

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Wed Aug 4 22:29:07 UTC 2021

ic via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On 4 Aug 2021, at 12:30, Justin Valceanu via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have created a new Romanian wordlist for Bip-0039;
>> Requesting permission to push to github the attached modified files.
>
> Although I don’t think it ’s hard requirement, it would be great if the words could be uniquely identified using the first 4 letters (most metal backup “plates” only have space for 4 letters).
>
> I see several occurrences of conflicting words in the first page alone.
>
> ++ ic

I am +1 on the unique identification using the first 4 letters, makes it
easy for restoring from seed on mobile wallets. Don't know if this is
really a blocker but since RO is a rich enough language in terms of
words, this shouldn't be too hard.

Also, world list is not acceptable in this form. it should be revised by
someone with knowledge in Romanian lexical area, I just briefly reviewed
and:

- _adesiv_ shouldn't be *adeziv* ?

- _walkman_ - this is not a Romanian word, while it is of course
sometimes used in Romania.

- _web_ - this is not a Romanian word, while it is of course sometimes
used in Romania.

- _yachting_ - this is not a Romanian word and it most certainly not
used in Romania :)) Why not use *navigatie* or something?

- _topmodel_ - it's two words merged in one

- _acvatic_ and _acvaplanare_ - they are both independent words but very
close to each other while one is an adjective and one substantive. These
two for example break the "no confusing words" spec.

I didn't review the entire word list and no sense to make this message
too long, but I'm sure you see the point. Word list needs changes,
please correct.