[bitcoin-dev] Removing the Dust Limit

Oleg Andreev oleganza at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 21:41:32 UTC 2021

I agree with Jeremy. Dust limit works due to design accident: that outputs are not encrypted. But outputs are private business and the real issue is only the cost of utxo set storage born by every user. There are two ways to address this:

1) either make ppl pay for renting that storage (which creates a ton of problems of its own)
2) or make storage extremely cheap so it remains cheap at any scale. This is perfectly solved by Utreexo.

But looking at the private data because you can is a hack that creates issues of its own.