[bitcoin-dev] Human readable checksum (verification code) to avoid errors on BTC public addresses

Marek Palatinus marek at palatinus.cz
Tue Aug 31 08:47:26 UTC 2021

I fully agree with sipa and his reasoning that this proposal is not solving
any particular problem, but making it actually a bit worse.

Also, do you know what I hate more than copy&pasting bitcoin addresses?
Copy pasting zillion random fields for SEPA/wire transfers. And I believe
that a single copy pasta of a bitcoin address is a much better user
experience after all.

Best,
slush

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 9:08 AM ts via bitcoin-dev <