[bitcoin-dev] Proposal for a few IANA mime-types related to Bitcoin

Peter D. Gray peter at coinkite.com
Tue Aug 31 19:18:00 UTC 2021

QR Codes do not use IANA mime-types.

If anyone wanted to use UR encoding for PSBT data in a web context (http),
NFC, or email, it would probably be best to discourage them.

While I can understand the need for UR encoding in animated QR
codes, I don't think any other use-case could justify introducing
a new word list (ByteWords), a unique checksum algo (Xoshiro256),
fountain codes (Luby Transform) and CBOR... just to wrap a few k
of binary.

I do love CBOR though. It's the best.

---
@DocHEX  ||  Coinkite  ||  PGP: A3A31BAD 5A2A5B10