[bitcoin-dev] Sending OP_RETURN via Bitcoin Lightning

Christian Moss chrismoss411 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 12:38:30 UTC 2021

Hi, it is not really possible in the way you think, mainly because
lightning relies on liquidity to work, i.,e. lots of bitcoin locked up in
channels to allow liquidity, NFTs are not liquid, so if you have 1 NFT then
it would be impossible to send on the network

I think the best off chain solution to NFTs on bitcoin is using Ruben
Somsens state chain protocol, which allows you to swap utxos off chain, and
those off chain utxos could harbour an op return/nft

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 10:36 AM Karl via bitcoin-dev <