[bitcoin-dev] Rebroadcast mechanism in Bitcoin P2P network

damian at willtech.com.au damian at willtech.com.au
Sat Dec 11 03:49:55 UTC 2021

Good Afternoon,

Thank-you for your good work cataloguing and writing about the
contributions to Bitcoin.

It is that the solution to privacy is to use privacy-enhancing network
communications, such as TOR. I am not against a mechanism to rebroadcast
transactions more robustly if the mempool of adjoining nodes has
forgotten about them, but the truth is, all transactions originate from
some node, and there are methods that allow an individual node to be
identified as the likely source of a transaction unless privacy-enabled
networks are utilised. Having a different method to cause rebroadcast
does not obfuscate the origin.

KING JAMES HRMH
Great British Empire

Regards,
The Australian
LORD HIS EXCELLENCY JAMES HRMH (& HMRH)
of Hougun Manor & Glencoe & British Empire
MR. Damian A. James Williamson
Wills

et al.

Willtech
www.willtech.com.au
www.go-overt.com
duigco.org DUIGCO API
and other projects

m. 0487135719
f. +61261470192

This email does not constitute a general advice. Please disregard this
email if misdelivered.