[bitcoin-dev] Yesterday's Taproot activation meeting on lockinontimeout (LOT)

Michael Folkson michaelfolkson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:51:47 UTC 2021

> getting unlucky and hitting a 4-block reorg that happens to include a
double-spend and some PR around an exchange losing millions would be worse
than having Taproot is good.

We are at the point where an upgrade that confers significant long term
benefits for the whole ecosystem is not as important as bad short term PR?
That is a depressing outlook if that is what you believe.

Even in that worst case scenario exchanges should not lose money if they
are competent and are able to manage that risk.

Email: michaelfolkson at gmail.com
Keybase: michaelfolkson
PGP: 43ED C999 9F85 1D40 EAF4 9835 92D6 0159 214C FEE3