[bitcoin-dev] Yesterday's Taproot activation meeting on lockinontimeout (LOT)

Jorge Timón jtimon at jtimon.cc
Mon Feb 22 16:48:55 UTC 2021

Just to clarify, I'm not saying bitcoin core should maintain the
"oppose proposal" part of the software. presumably people opposing the
change don't want much of the recent software changes anyway.
But perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, to oppose other proposals, perhaps.
I don't expect anyone to want this, but if people want it I offer
myself to code it,
I mean, just imagine that a day after publishing a bitcoin core
release with activation software for taproot some one, let's say in
New York reach an Agreement to "just use the same activation
mechanism, but for our 32 mb hardfork, it's about time, now computers
are 64 bits anyway". How convenient would it be to just cancel that
with 2 lines in bitcoin core?
Not that I think it will be necessary, but perhaps we want it just in case.