[bitcoin-dev] A design for Probabilistic Partial Pruning

David A. Harding dave at dtrt.org
Sat Feb 27 23:37:52 UTC 2021

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 09:19:34AM -1000, David A. Harding via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> - Discussion thread 1: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/014186.html

Two particularly useful emails from that thread are:

- https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/014199.html
  which links to discussions about the topic prior to 2017, including
  discussion about DoS risks that are more important than the
  fingerprinting risk I mentioned in my previous reply.

- https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/014227.html
  which describes a potential way to distribute data with fewer DoS
  risks and less severe fingerprinting than each node storing a
  different set of blocks.

-Dave