[bitcoin-dev] New PSBT version proposal

Andrew Chow achow101-lists at achow101.com
Fri Jan 15 17:28:09 UTC 2021

Hi All,

I've made some reorganization changes to the way that new PSBT versions
should be handled in BIP 174 (see
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1055) so PSBTv2 will be submitted
as a separate BIP. The full document can be read at
https://github.com/achow101/bips/blob/psbt2/bip-psbt2.mediawiki and I
have also included it in this email.

I've included Rusty's suggestion for PSBT_GLOBAL_UNDER_CONSTRUCTION and
made a few modifications. First, the field will be named
PSBT_GLOBAL_TX_MODIFIABLE and only include the inputs modifiable and
outputs modifiable flags. The SIGHASH_SINGLE bitmap will be included as
a separate field PSBT_GLOBAL_SIGHASH_SINGLE_INPUTS. This allows most
PSBTs to not have to carry around a useless bitmap.

Andrew

***

<pre>
   BIP: PSBTv2